Monday, March 1, 2010

Glittered Rose

Here is an way to give fresh life to old silk or fabric flowers that you may floating around. I am sure you have them...I have tons...I will go to throw them out...then an idea of what to do with them will pop into my head. I actually, cannot stand fake flowers...I have no idea why I have them...yet, I do....so here is a clever little idea (lol....not that I think I am that clever. I just love the word ;)

Gather up your supplies:

Glue, glitter, flower (any will do) two paper plates...One for glue, the other for glitter.


I used a paint brush to help spread the glue.


Squrit


Dip

Spread 

Sprinkle


Shake


Decorate!

You may want to let it dry before you decorate...I'm impatient and just let it dry in the teacup.


****************************
Disclaimer:
My photography skill are atrocious!
I'm in search of a new camera,
one that will take the most fantastic photos for me!
You know, just push a button and Viola! Perfect photo. 
Still have not found that camera.....*sigh*....one day....

2 comments:

  1. So. 1. let me know when you're going camera shopping, even if "just" for a point-n-shoot, I have advice. and 2. you have silk flowers around? I am always thinking that I'd love to just go buy some and make them into pins for a blazer/dress/sweater or a clip for my hair if I'm feeling brave, but I just don't have any around. I might be missing some girl genes somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute idea Chris. They can become a pin on a knitted purse, or part of a larger bouquet.
    You are developing an arsenal of fun stuff, and you have no idea where this may lead.
    Keep on searching, creating and sharing. someone is listening.
    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete