Monday, January 25, 2010

Dollar Tree Picture of Madonna and Child

Last week I went to the Dollar Tree (this is an unpaid plug for Dollar Tree). I love this place! You can find some really cool stuff. Click on the link to see if you have a Dollar Tree in your area. They usually have good picks for kids arts and crafts.

I found this cool picture of Madonna and Child (I did not get a "before shot" I think that you can get an idea that it was plain before I added the glitter). As soon as I saw it I saw all kinds of potential. As you can see from prior crafts I am really into glitter right now. It covers a multitude of sins.


For this project I used Mod Podge glue, paint brushes and glitter.



This is the picture I found for $1. Then I painted the glue on where I wanted to highlight...her dress and her head scarf. I love how it turned out. I am going to go back today and to get more, I think there were a few Saints as well...I am not that well versed in Catholic icons and Saints, so I cannot tell you who they were. These would make perfect Christmas gifts.

1 comment:

  1. christy.....this is so-ooo beautiful!!!!i would love to have you show me how to make it ...julie

    ReplyDelete